- Category: Events
04 Jul 2012
- Published on Wednesday, 04 July 2012 06:28
- Hits (1142)
Event Name: The 4th China Smart Grid Forum 2012
Event Date: September 13th-14th 2012
Location: Shanghai, China
4th Annual China Smart Grid Forum 2012 is dedicated to bring together senior government representatives, multilateral institutions, infrastructure developers, power producers, power grid companies, ICT solution providers and demand side management to focus on the “Strong Smart Grid Plan” of China, to explore a way for a stronger and smarter grid in China to fully harness the potential of renewable energy sources and cut emissions.
China has surpassed the United States to become the world’s largest energy user, according to the Paris-based International Energy Agency. As a result of rapidly growing GDP, China’s domestic energy consumption will continue to rise. Meanwhile, renewable energy sources, like nuclear, wind and solar energy are seen as a viable alternative to traditional fossil fuels. A stronger and smarter grid in China will pave the way to fully harness the potential of renewable energy sources and cut emissions.
“Strong” and “smart” are two basic requirements for modern power grid development. Strong is the basis and smart is the key. Yet because end-users and distribution networks in China are less mature than in most developed countries, and the penetration rate of small-scale renewable energy sources is still relatively low, growth of renewable energy in the country is primarily driven by large-scale projects not directly connected to end-users. Given these conditions, it is expected that the initial stages of the Chinese smart grid plan will focus on controlling bulk electricity transfer efficiently. In its later stages, the plan will move toward end-users and services integration.
At the same time, during the second stage of China’s Smart Grid Plan - 2011 to 2015 – policymakers have several specific aims. One objective is to accelerate UHV, urban and rural grid construction. Another is to establish the basic framework for smart grid operation control and interaction. The Smart Grid Plan also has specific targets in technology and equipment production and mass deployment.
With this mind, the CDMC Smart Grid Series Forum over the past three years has supported an intelligent network and global vision for our partners worldwide. The 4th Annual China Smart Grid Forum 2012 will bring together industry thought leaders and a focused group of audience participants to discuss the policy & the regulatory landscape, smart grid standardization, customer-side issues (billing, metering & CRM), ICT, smart distribution and smart integration of renewable energy sources.
- Smart Grid Standardization, Government Policy and Landscape
- Maximizing ROI and the Profit Model of Smart Grid in China
- Smart Distribution and Smart Interconnection of Renewable
- Ultra High Voltage Transmission and Energy Storage
- Demand-side management (billing, metering & CRM) and ICT issues
- Smart Grid Management and Deployment Case Study
- Smart Building and Smart Home
Attending our conference can Make your company:
1. Keep abreast of all the latest developments, including geopolitical, industrial and technological updates
2. Join in round table discussions; facilitate unique interaction with all interested parties
3. Learn and implement key findings from real-life case studies
4. Expand your customer base and do business with the key decision makers in your field .
For more information, please visit http://www.cdmc.org.cn/csgf2012/
|Tel. :||+86 21 68407631 Ext 8124|