- Category: Events
09 Jul 2012
- Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 01:21
- Hits (1168)
Event Name: Clean Energy Technologies Workshop 2012 (CETW 2012)
Event Date: October 29-31, 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Clean Energy Technologies Workshop (CETW) is a workshop organized by TLR Consulting Services based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with the global vision of increasing the knowledge of alternative energy technologies (Biofuels, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Geothermal, Wave and Tidal Energy, Hydropower etc) and stimulating rapid development of these technologies to address the challenges of energy security, sustainability and environmental pollution.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Workshop Theme: Bio-ethanol and Bio-diesel Energy (Fuel) Technologies
- Conventional energy technologies (fossil fuels – coal, crude oil, oil sands, oil shale and natural gas; and nuclear power);
- Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel manufacturing;
- Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel for power generation;
- Materials for making Ethanol and Bio-diesel:
- Wastes to fuel: Obtaining bio-ethanol and bio-diesel from wastes -Municipal Solid wastes, used vegetable oils, agricultural wastes etc;
- Energy crops for bio-ethanol and bio-diesel - sugarcane, sugar beets, cereal crops, cassava, switchgrass, miscanthus; hybrid willows, hybrid poplar, jatropha, soybean, palm tree fruits, wood/woody materials etc.;
- Wood and Algae
- Catalysts and Enzymes - Best friends in bio-ethanol and bio-diesel production;
- Establishing small scale and large scale bio-ethanol and bio-diesel manufacturing plants – Materials, Costs, and Expertise;
- Development of small scale and large scale power generating plants based on bio-ethanol and bio-diesel – Materials, Cost and Expertise requirements; and
- Implementing Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel in developing countries.
Additional workshop topics and materials that may be touched on, time permitting, are brief introductions to solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy and other alternative energy solutions for power / electricity generation.
Venue: Travelodge Hotel & Conference Centre, 1376 Carling Avenue Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L5 CANADA
Accommodation: Rooms are available at Travelodge Hotel. Each participant should contact the hotel directly to make reservations.
Date: October 29 - 31, 2012; Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. Registration: For further details on the workshop and registration details please visit the official website of the workshop: http://www.tlrconsulting.com/cetw2012/.